Garland Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue Garland or Texas
Garland Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of Garland or Dallas County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.
- Sec. 101.021. Governmental Liability.
- Sec. 101.0211. No Liability for Joint Enterprise.
- Sec. 101.0215. Liability of a Municipality.
- Sec. 101.022. Duty Owed: Premise and Special Defects.
- Sec. 101.023. Limitation on Liability on Amount of Liability.
- Sec. 101.024. Exemplary Damages.
- Sec. 101.025. Waiver of Governmental Immunity Permission to Sue.
- Sec. 101.026. Individual's Immunity Preserved.
- Sec. 101.027. Liability Insurance.
- Sec. 101.028. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sec. 101.029. Liability for Certain Conduct of State Prison Inmates.
- Sec. 101.051. School and Junior College Districts Partially Excluded.
- Sec. 101.052. Legislative.
- Sec. 101.053. Judicial.
- Sec. 101.054. State Military Personnel.
- Sec. 101.055. Certain Governmental Functions.
- Sec. 101.056. Discretionary Powers.
- Sec. 101.057. Civil Disobedience and Intentional Torts.
- Sec. 101.058. Landowner's Liability.
- Sec. 101.059. Attractive Nuisances.
- Sec. 101.060. Traffic and Road Control Devices.
- Sec. 101.061. Tort Committed Before January 1, 1970.
- Sec. 101.062. 9-1-1 Emergency Service.
- Sec. 101.063. Members of Public Health District.
- Sec. 101.064. Land Acquired Under Foreclosure of Lien.
- Sec. 101.065. Negligence of Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- Sec. 101.066. Computer Date Failure.
- Sec. 101.067. Graffiti Removal.
Sec. 101.101. Notice.
- ALSO NOTE - That Dallas County, Texas has an additional Notice provision. It reads:
Sec. 4. Claims against the City.
The City of Garland shall never be liable for any personal injury, whether resulting in death or not, unless the person injured or someone in his behalf, or in the event the injury results in death, the person or persons who may have cause of action under the law by reason of such death or injury, shall file a notice in writing with the City Manager or City Secretary within six (6) months after the same has been received, stating specifically in such notice when, where and how the exact injury occurred and the full extent thereof, together with the amount of damages claimed or asserted. The City of Garland shall never be liable for any claim for damage or injury to personal property unless the person whose personal property has been injured or damaged, or someone in his behalf, shall file a claim in writing with the City Manager or the City Secretary within six (6) months after said damage or injury has occurred, stating specifically when, where and how the injury or damage occurred and the amount of damage claimed. The City of Garland shall never be liable on account of any damage or injury to person or to personal property arising from or occasioned by any defect in any public street, highway, alley, grounds or public work of the City of Garland unless the specific defect causing the damage or injury shall have been actually known to the City Manager at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the occurrence of the injury or damage, or unless the attention of the City Manager shall have been called thereto by a notice thereof in writing at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the occurrence of the injury or damage and proper diligence has not been exercised to rectify the defect. The notice herein required to be given to the City Manager of the specific defect causing the damage or injury shall apply where the defect arose from any omission of the City itself, through its agents, servants or employees, or acts of third parties.
City of Garland
200 North Fifth Street
- Sec. 101.102. Commencement of Suit.
- Sec. 101.103. Legal Representation.
- Sec. 101.104. Evidence of Insurance Coverage.
- Sec. 101.105. Settlement.
- Sec. 101.106. Election of Remedies.
- Sec. 101.107. Payment and Collection of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.108. Ad Valorem Taxes for Payment of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.109. Payment of Claims against Certain Universities.
Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.
Garland attorneys that sue the City of Garland, or Dallas County or the state of Texas Serve
Clients throughout Central Texas, including Addison, Allen, Audelia, Balch Springs, Buckingham, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Centerville, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Dallas, Dalrock, DeSoto, Duncanville, Fairview, Framers Branch, Frisco, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grand Prairie, Heath, Hutchins, Irving, Lancaster, Lucas, Mesquite, Murphy, Northwest Rockwall, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, Rose Hill, Rowlett, Sachse, Saint Paul, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, Trinity Mills, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, areas in the vicinity of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and other communities in Collin County and Dallas County.