Garland Wrongful Death Lawyers | Garland Wrongful Death Attorney | Garland Survivor Damages Attorney
Injuries caused by the negligence of someone else give you a right to recover monetary damages to compensate you for your losses. However, if you or a loved one has suffered an injury, you likely know that money alone often cannot fully compensate for personal injury losses. Be that as it may, money is the only legal remedy available in these difficult situations and you should receive monetary damages for your loss. Garland wrongful death lawyers are experienced in assessing monetary awards and know what type of a settlement or award you might be able to expect from your claim.
When determining the value of a Garland fatality case, you must first consider the type and degree of loss or injury involved. The most severe loss is death, and there is a body of law dealing specifically with death. If your loved one has been involved in a tragic accident and died as a result, contact one of the Garland wrongful death attorneys listed on this site to discuss your options.
Garland Wrongful Death Lawyer
The Texas wrongful death statute is found at:
- 71.001 Definitions
- 71.002 Cause of action
- 71.003 Application; certain conduct excepted
- 71.004 Benefiting from and bringing action
- 71.005 Evidence relating to marital status
- 71.0055 Evidence of pregnancy
- 71.006 Effect of felonious act
- 71.007 Ineffective agreement
- 71.008 Death of defendant
- 71.009 Exemplary damages
- 71.010 Award and apportionment of damages
- 71.011 Damages not subject to debts
- 71.012 Qualification of foreign personal representative
The following persons qualify to file a wrongful death claim:
- Spouses (Ceremonial or Common Law);
- Children (Natural and adopted);
- Parents; and
- Estate - Under the Texas Survival Statutes, the Estate's claim is for:
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death;
- Funeral expenses;
- Damages for conscious pain and suffering just prior to death; and
- In some instances, punitive damages or exemplary damages
The following persons do not qualify to file a wrongful death action under Texas law:
- Persons who qualify in loco parentis
What Are the Types of Damages Available When Someone is Killed Through Negligence?
- Mental Anguish
- Loss of Companionship
Pecuniary Losses (Economic Losses)
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium and household services
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress or Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress In some cases, Garland families may be put through severe emotional trauma and anguish due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional wrongdoing of another party. When this occurs, a Garland personal injury attorney can help them pursue a claim for Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress or Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.
Garland Resources for When a Loved One Dies
After a loved one has died, the last thing on your mind should be a difficult legal battle or lawsuit. However, if the death was due to negligence, recklessness, or malicious conduct, you may feel it is your duty to take legal action. In such cases, Garland wrongful death attorneys can help you prepare your lawsuit by arranging crucial witnesses, documentation, and evidence to present a strong case on behalf of your deceased family member. After a death, you may also find yourself in charge of preparing funeral arrangements and feel overwhelmed by small details in the face of such a traumatic experience. The following resources for funeral homes and florists may be helpful as you and your family prepare to bid your loved one farewell.
Funeral Homes in the Garland area:
Charles W Smith Funeral Homes & Cremation
Pilar Funeral Home
Williams Funeral Directors
Eastgate Funeral Home
Family Funeral Care Garland
Rest Haven Funeral Home
Garland Area Florists:
North Star Florist
Buds & Blooms Florist
Judi's Flowers & Balloons
2525 South Garland Avenue, Garland, TX 75041
Garland Wrongful Death Lawyers Serve:
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Addison, Allen, Audelia, Balch Springs, Buckingham, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Centerville, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Dallas, Dalrock, DeSoto, Duncanville, Fairview, Framers Branch, Frisco, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grand Prairie, Heath, Hutchins, Irving, Lancaster, Lucas, Mesquite, Murphy, Northwest Rockwall, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, Rose Hill, Rowlett, Sachse, Saint Paul, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, Trinity Mills, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, areas in the vicinity of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and other communities in Collin County and Dallas County.
A Dallas County wrongful death lawyer can help you get back on your feet after you have suffered a loss. Contact a Garland wrongful death attorney today to discuss your options.